Brief Introduction of Powder Metallurgy
It refers to manufacturing method in which metal powder is put into mold,
compressed with a molding machine, and then sintered at a temperature
below the melting point to produce a product.
Characteristics of Powder Metallurgy
1)Compared to other metal processing methods, a lot of machining process can be omitted due to its high precision and accuracy
2) There is no need to raise the temperature to its melting point during the manufacturing process.
3) It is easy to design materials; thus, it is feasible to produce alloys that were not able to be made by melting.
4) Porous metal materials can also be made.
5) It can have self-lubricating property.
6) The shape and dimensions are uniformed within one lot. The quality of product's surface can be secured as well.
7) For sintered steel parts, surface hardening, heat treatment, and steam treatment are feasible.
8) It can respond promptly to changes in mass production
9) It is economical in mass production.
Contact us for more details
Manufacturing Team 041-538-3824